How do I register to vote?
To register to vote in Kennebunkport, please come to the Town Clerk's office during regular business hours to fill out a voter registration application. You must show a State of Maine issued photo ID or Social Security Card and proof of residency in Kennebunkport. You may also register to vote at the polls on election day with the documents referenced above. Please note that it may save you from waiting in long lines on election day if you register at Town Hall beforehand.
Where/when do I vote?
All Kennebunkport residents vote at the Village Fire Station, 32 North Street. The polls are open at 8:00 AM and close at 8:00 PM. PLEASE NOTE - the polling place has changed for the July 14, 2020 State Primary. Voting will take place at the Consolidated School gym from 8 am - 8 pm.
Absentee ballots are available approximately 30 days before each election. There are three ways to request ballots:
- Stop by the Town Clerk's Office during regular business hours to pick up your ballots;
- Call the Town Clerk (967-1610) to request that ballots be mailed to you; or
- Use the following link to electronically request that ballots be mailed to you
The last day to request absentee ballots is 5 days before the election. Absentee ballots must be received by 8 PM on election day in order to be counted. Please plan accordingly!
Ranked Choice Voting Resources
For more information please visit the Secretary of State's resource page linked below.
State Primary - July 14, 2020
Maine will hold its State Primary on July 14, 2020.
What you need to know:
- In order to vote the Democratic or Republican ballot, you must be enrolled in that party on election day
- You must switch parties at least 7 days before the primary, which is Tuesday, July 7th
- If you switch parties, you must remain in the new party for at least 90 days
- You may vote the State and Town referendum ballots even if you are not enrolled in a party
- If you are 17 years old and will turn 18 before the November 3rd General Election, you are eligible to vote in the primary once you register to vote
- To register to vote, please see instructions above
- The polling place has been changed to Consolidated School gym, 25 School Street for this one election only.
Annual Town Meeting - July 14, 2020 and July 18, 2020
The Town of Kennebunkport will hold Annual Town Meeting on July 14th to coincide with the State Primary to vote on the following:
- Elect one member to the Board of Selectmen for a 3-year term
- Elect one member to the School Board for a 3-year term
The open town meeting to approve the municipal budget will be held on Saturday, July 18, 2020 at 9 a.m. at Consolidated School.
RSU #21 Budget Validation Election - July 14, 2020
State law requires that school administrative units hold an annual budget validation election. This year, that election will be held on July 14, 2020 to coincide with the State Primary and Annual Town Meeting.
|Democratic Sample Ballot (2 pages)||169.78 KB|
|Republican Sample Ballot||91.63 KB|
|State Referendum Sample Ballot||195.27 KB|
|Municipal Sample Ballot||114.73 KB|
|Warrant for Annual Town Meeting||76.48 KB|
|RSU #21 Budget Validation Election Sample Ballot||73.95 KB|
|RSU #21 Budget figures||99.63 KB|
|Citizens Guide to the Referendum Questions||450.58 KB|
|Protocols for the July 14th Primary Election||171.89 KB|