How do I register to vote?
To register to vote in Kennebunkport, please come to the Town Clerk's office during regular business hours to fill out a voter registration application. You must show a State of Maine issued photo ID and proof of residency in Kennebunkport. You may also register to vote at the polls on election day with the documents referenced above. Please note that it may save you from waiting in long lines on election day if you register at Town Hall beforehand.
Where/when do I vote?
All Kennebunkport residents vote at the Village Fire Station, 32 North Street. The polls are open at 8:00 AM and close at 8:00 PM.
Absentee ballots are available approximately 30 days before each election. There are three ways to request ballots:
- Stop by the Town Clerk's Office during regular business hours to pick up your ballots;
- Call the Town Clerk (967-1610) to request that ballots be mailed to you; or
- Use the following link to electronically request that ballots be mailed to you
The last day to request absentee ballots is 5 days before the election. Absentee ballots must be received by 8 PM on election day in order to be counted. Please plan accordingly!
Ranked Choice Voting Resources
For more information please visit the Secretary of State's resource page linked below.
Presidential Primary - March 3, 2020
Maine will hold a Presidential Primary on March 3, 2020. The last time a Presidential Primary was held in Maine was in the year 2000.
What you need to know:
- In order to vote the Democratic or Republican ballot, you must be enrolled in that party on election day
- You must switch parties at least 15 days before the primary, which is Friday, February 14th
- If you switch parties, you must remain in the new party for at least 90 days
- You may vote the State and Town referendum ballots even if you are not enrolled in a party
- If you are 17 years old and will turn 18 before the November 3rd election, you are eligible to vote in the primary once you register to vote
- To register to vote, please see instructions above
Special Town Meeting - March 3, 2020
The Town of Kennebunkport will hold a Special Town Meeting on March 3rd to coincide with the Presidential Primary to vote on the following:
- Amendment to Land Use Ordinance regarding Public Hearing Notice Requirements
|Warrant for the Special Town Meeting on 3-3-2020||70.85 KB|
|Proposed revisions to the LUO regarding Public Hearing Notices||66.72 KB|
|Notice of Special Election 3-3-2020||15.9 KB|
|Sample Muncipal Ballot 3-3-2020||79.14 KB|
|Sample State Referendum Ballot 3-3-2020||105.24 KB|
|Sample Democratic Ballot||125.94 KB|
|Sample Republican Ballot||117.87 KB|
|Chart explaining which ballots voters will received based upon how they are enrolled||125.32 KB|