View Contact Info
How to Reach Us
Since the early 1960s, the Town of Kennebunkport has consistently dedicated resources to preserve, maintain and plant safe and attractive trees. A large portion of these resources have been volunteer tree wardens, committee members, and special project volunteers. The Kennebunkport Shade Tree Program is keyed to the interests of property owners, visitors, and public safety in the following ways:
- Maintain an inventory of Town trees along streets, walkways and public parks. A special tag identifies tree that are monitored for health and safety.
- Publicize and educate in school and the community on tree quality, diversity and care.
- Monitor elm tree health, preservation, disease detection treatment, and removal.
- Recommends replacement trees, respecting species variety, location and compatibility.
- Interacts with Tree Warden concerning public and private tagged tree issues.
- Participates in Arbor Day celebrations and assures that Tree City USA requirements are fulfilled annually.
|Michael W. Claus||Public Works Director||(207) 967-5728|