Business Licenses

What is required to obtain a Liquor License?

Liquor Licenses are required for any establishment wishing to serve alcohol. The Maine Bureau of Alcoholic Beverages issues applications, which may be obtained by calling the office in Augusta at 207-624-8745.

The Kennebunkport Board of Selectmen must approve all new and renewed licenses at their regular meetings held the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of each month before the applicant returns the application to Augusta. New licenses require a public hearing, notice of which must be given in a local newspaper prior to the hearing. The town fee is $150.00 plus any advertising fees.

What is required to obtain a Special Amusement License?

Special Amusement Licenses are required for any facilities licensed by the State of Maine to sell liquor if they wish to include music, dancing or entertainment for their patrons. The fee for a Special Amusement License is $100.00 for the license year of the existing liquor license.

What is required to obtain a Victualer's License?

Victualer's Licenses are required for anyone preparing and serving food to be sold to the public. Included in this category are restaurnats, takeout establishments and bed and breakfast inns. The cost of the license is $100.00. All Victualer's Licenses are approved by the Board of Selectmen at one of their regular meetings in the month of May and run for the period June 1st through May 31st each year.

PDF icon special_amusement_application.pdf71.52 KB