This photo from the Library of Congress shows the 1850 Hunneman Hand Tub Engine "Arundel 2" and members of the Arundel Engine Company. It is believed to be one of the earliest photographs taken in Kennebunkport.
Firefighters pump the Hand Tub during training near the station on Ocean Avenue, c.1896.
The Cape Porpoise hose wagon about 1906. The body from this horse-drawn wagon was later installed on a 1927 Chevrolet truck chassis. It was given to the Beachwood Hose Company at Goose Rocks Beach in the early 1930s
Firefighter Freeland K. Smith runs Beachwood Hose 4, the 1927 Chevrolet, at the 2014 Memorial Day parade. (Photo coutesy of Michaela)
Senior members of the Arundel Engine Company pose with the 1929 Mack 1000gpm Pumper in front of the old station at 31 Ocean Ave in about 1931.
Kennebunkport Ladder 1, a 1923 Graham, is maintained by the Port Village Fire Company and is still in service as a popular parade piece.
A photo dated 1944 shows Walter "Coop" Shuffleburg and young Clayton Shuffleburg with the Wildes District engine of the time, a converted 1931 Ford.
Atlantic Hose Co. (Cape Porpoise) members Clayton Nunan and Wendell "Web" Cluff with their 1931 Reo pumper on the ramp at Atlantic Hall. The truck was given to the Cape in 1934 by the Village Company. (Photo courtesy of Nunan's Lobster Hut)
Port Village gets ready for the Memorial Day Parade in the early 1960's. Shown in front of the trucks are Joseph Burrows, George McKinnon, Richard Jackson, and Chief Francis Smith
The four fire companies in 1974. The private fire companies operated independently until the Kennebunkport Fire Department was formed in 2005.
Muster Teams of the Early 1980's: Kennebunkport fielded some highly successful fire muster teams back in the day. Kevin Philbrick, Gary Martin, Charlie Brown, Jr., John Meserve, and Terry Philbrick represent the Village
Muster Teams of the Early 1980's: William Smith, Bob Chenard, Henry Beauvais, Eric Smith, Steve Hall (?), Kevin Campbell, and Scott Lantagne represent Goose Rocks.
The End of an Era: Chiefs Plamondon, Beard, Chisholm, & Brown pose for a last photo of the "four chiefs" during the interviews for the new combined chief's position in 2005. (Photo by Jim Stockman)
Atlantic Hall in 1952 when it still served as the Cape Porpoise fire station.
Goose Rocks Beach Hose 4 shown the day after the 1947 fire with prominent Goose Rocks resident Ernest Fessenden.
The first Wildes District Engine 22, a 1957 Ford "Rural Fyr Fyter"
The Seagull Restaurant fire on Ocean Ave in the 1960's. "Emmy" McLean, wearing the cowboy hat, helps with hose.
The Seagull Restaurant fire on Ocean Ave in the 1960's. A CMP boom truck was commandeered to access the roof.
Fire Alarm Card If you remember the "noon whistle" and always stopped to count how many times it blew for a fire call, then you probably had one of these tacked up in your house!
This 1948 Seagrave served as Cape Porpoise Ladder 4 for several years in the 1980's.