Food Assistance is available!!!
- If you are a resident of Kennebunkport, and you need food assistance, PLEASE call the Public Health office 967-4401 and request food assistance. We can provide you with a food box for your family. You may also leave a message on the machine if we are not there. Please let us know how many in your family, any diet restrictions/allergies and if there are seniors or children. We will do our best to provide you with a few days of food. Orders must be placed by 11:30am to receive it the same day otherwise it will be the next day. Pick up location has temporarily changed from the Public Health office to Vinegar Hill Music Theater in Arundel between 2:00-4:00pm.
- Weekly Food Pantry: Food pantry is every Tuesday from 5:00pm-6:00pm friday morning from 9:00-10:00am. There you will find non perrishable items, along with meats/chicken, dairy, seasonal fresh vegetables on a first come first served basis. Kennebunkport residents are all welcome. The location has temporarily moved to Vinegar Hill Music Theater in Arundel until further notice.
- Summer free lunch program: 2020- see below
Dear RSU #21 Parent,
With a very interesting and challenging school year almost behind us, we wanted to remind you all that Community Outreach Services (COS of the Kennebunks & Arundel)
is once again offering a free lunches program to your children during the summer months.
We know this has been a very difficult year for many and are happy to offer this program
to any parent/child who chooses to sign up.
How it works:
Lunch items will be delivered each week on Thursdays starting the week of July 6th and running through August 20th.
A robust bag of lunch items will be delivered to your doorstep Thursdays each week during that time.
What’s included in the lunches*:
Sandwich items, Fruits, Vegetables, Snacks
*An appropriate amount of food depending on the age of each child will be provided.
How to sign up:
If you are interested in participating in this free lunch program, please select ONE of the following options below:
- Best Option: please fill out this quick form online - COS summer lunches
- If you do not have access to a computer – please call the head of our program, Marianne Wilson, directly: 508-330-0733 and she will sign you up.
How they get delivered:
This year all lunches will be delivered directly to your home. If you are not comfortable with us delivering the lunches to your home, you can pick up your lunches at our COS food pantry headquarters at Vinegar Hill Music Theater (53 Old Post Rd, Arundel) on Thursday afternoons. If this is the case, please make arrangements with Marianne prior to the start of the program.
Thank you so much and please don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or any other needs at this time.
Marianne & the COS Summer Lunch Team