WASTE TREATMENT COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES
Thursday, February 17, 2005, at Sewer Department, at 10 A.M.
Present: Allan Moir, Ron Taylor, Bob Convery, Ken Campbell, Rip Emerson
1. Allan and Ron informed the committee of how the construction was proceeding according to the contract timetable. Much has yet to be done and it would appear that Apex is behind schedule. By May 18 to 20 a substantial amount has to be finished.
2. The finished masonry walls were done very well.
3. No electrical work has been started as yet.
4. The roof trusses for the Sodium Hypochloride tank area will be put in place on Monday, Feb. 21, 2005. The girders have been delivered.
5. A motion was introduced by Bob to have a request for Woodward and Curran make a study on 10 to 20 years out the needs and solutions for the Treatment Plant present location expansion or new plant and location. The motion was passed. This would include a geodetic survey. This will be brought before the Selectmen for approval.
6. A discussion was held on possible available land and the problems that the land has with the wet areas covering a large part.
7. If tertiary treatment were to be done on the sewerage, a different scenario would be required.
8. If a new elementary school were to be built, expansion into a portion of the present school property would be a possibility.
9. The solids in the plants out flow into the river is so far below the State maximum allowed, a permit for a much larger discharge flow would be a possibility as long as the efficiency of the solids removed was maintained.
Rip Emerson, committee chairman, Feb. 17, 2005